InQbate, The CETL in Creativity will promote delivery of blended learning through
- Freeing teachers and learners from the contraints of the traditional classroom. New spaces allow new behaviours and dynamics, and support the move away from classic, didatic ‘chalk’n’talk-style’ teaching to a more facilitative approach.
- Providing teachers with effective tools to engage modern learners. The availability of a comprehensive range of cutting-edge technologies within a flexible space empowers teachers to construct compelling learning experiences and tailor these appropriately to changing needs.
- Enabling teachers to enrich learning opportunities. Teachers will be able to extend the learning experience flexibly according to need through the effective use of layered learning resources where learning items are hyperlinked to deeper levels of information, further rich media resources and relevant individuals and online communities.
‘Fully technology-enabled, but not technology-driven, InQbate The CETL in Creativity Centre will provide teachers with a versatile space that can be used in a variety of configurations to support more innovative and effective teaching and learning.’
InQbate The CETL in Creativity will improve student learning by
- Increasing learner engagement through effective use of compelling multimedia experiences.
- Grounding learning in experience.
- Personalising outcomes through self-directed learning. The exploratory nature of this CETL will enable learners to take control of their learning journey.
- Creating a collaborative environment.
- Supporting reflective learning.
Thus the CETL in Creativity, particularly the Creativity Zones, will promote and provide learners with a memorable experience that grounds learning in active discovery and social interaction.